About Me

My photo
I am just a hockey loving lady who would choose a night in with friends or family any day. I work in Non-Profit and LOVE what I do. (Even if it requires me to work many crazy hours!) I craft/paint for fun & a stress reliever. I just keep taking each day as a blessing & challenge that will lead me down the right path. I can't wait to see what is in store for me next :)
Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, July 26, 2015

If at first you don't succeed . . .

Hello again dearies! I am back with another fun project. This project was a whole bunch of everything: the good, bad, & the frustrating.




I was feeling rather crafty (& had a Hobby Lobby giftcard from Christmas), so I headed off to the wonderful store. I found a wood canvas  & some great colored string. I don't know about you, but I scower Pinterest for ideas & I kept seeing all of the creative string art projects. Of course, being me, I see those and think "Oh, I could totally do that".




Well, I am here to tell you that I have a great respect for those people! I quickly realized that this project was more involved than I ever thought. While I like my end project, I had many moments where I just wanted to quit & throw it away. BUT, I refused to give up. . .. I just changed it a little. ha.




I decided to do a picture of the Tennessee outline & the words "Home sweet home". I looked everywhere for a fun font others had used successfully in string art. This is my planning for it.



I was pretty pumped about it & started right away. I think my hand still hurts from hammering all of those little nails in.


I started with the string I picked out for TN. Then, I started with the word sweet. I quickly realized that you could not really see the letters like I wanted it. I was DEVASTED! I am big planner & I like having an idea in my mind of how each piece will look before I started. I realized that my plan wasn't going to work out, and I lost faith in the whole thing.



In fact, I left it like this for weeks. I thought about just throwing it away or tearing it all apart, but I just couldn't do it. I was so excited about his piece & was heart broken at the thought of giving up on it completely. So, there it sat for weeks.



Eventually, I decided it was better to regroup & make it great. I decided that I  would take out the nails for the words at paint them. ( I LOVE painting words, so this change just felt right.) 






Here is the finished project. Pretty great, right? haha. I am still debating  adding some little doodles or designs in white, but I kind of like it how it is now.


So, here you go, the piece that I almost gave up on. Thank goodness I didn't give up.
Good luck crafty friends. I would love to hear about your projects, too. So send them on or leave any tips you have for string art. :)






                                                                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment