About Me

My photo
I am just a hockey loving lady who would choose a night in with friends or family any day. I work in Non-Profit and LOVE what I do. (Even if it requires me to work many crazy hours!) I craft/paint for fun & a stress reliever. I just keep taking each day as a blessing & challenge that will lead me down the right path. I can't wait to see what is in store for me next :)
Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, February 11, 2012

HELLO my crafty friends!

I am back with 2 new crafts!



My first craft was for my nephew's 2nd birthday. He had an Elmo party, so why not make Elmo cupcakes?! I saw some pictures on Pinterest & figured it wouldn't be too hard. . . . Well I don't think they are the best ever, but they definitely worked for us. :) {Tip: We used pink icing & added red food coloring. It took pretty much a whole bottle to get the red we wanted. . . }




For my second craft, I was once again inspired by something seen on Pinterest. Obviously, I chose to make one with a 'J' because of my name, but I am curious to try out many other letters and fonts. I think the hardest part was placement. I had all of the buttons beautifully arranged & I realized I had not payed attention to my spacing according to the top/bottom & the sides. (I got buttons for a gift, but I reccomend looking at your nearest Hobby Lobby. I hot glued the pink fabric to the glass & secured them in the frame. Then, I positioned & hot glued the buttons onto the fabric.)



Yay! I had soo much fun with these projects & can't wait to start my next!


Until then, keep crafting & feel free to contact me with any questions or comments (hint hint)!


2 comments:

  1. Nice buttons :)
    Trick for dark colored frosting - start with chocolate frosting and add your food coloring from there. Red, brown, black, some dark blue are all really hard and take bunches and bunches of food coloring and then taste awful if you start with white frosting. Wilton does have a no taste red which helps some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I am glad you knew I wasn't kidding when I put down buttons:) & I will definitely try the frosting trick! I am such a beginner when it comes to baking & such, but I love it so much!

    ReplyDelete